Monday, September 19, 2011

Dun Dun Duuuuunnnn...The INFAMOUS Craft Fail

 I had a request to see this 'So call craft fail'.  So I am going to show you a good craft gone bad.  Please be gentle with me cause I was super excited to do this project only to not like it.  *deep breath*

Here we go...
 First get some supplies that are fairly cheap. 
Fun Fur
A small styrofoam wreath
Googley eyes
Not shown glue gun with glue sticks.

 Start by putting a dab of hot glue onto the wreath.  Burn your fingers by placing a starting piece of the fun fur.
 Now start wrapping the fun fur round and round the wreath.  Getting styrofoam everywhere. 

 Now after what feels like 2 hours you are done wrapping all the fun fur around the tiny wreath.
Then hot glue two googley eyes to the fun furred wreath.

 And there you have it. 
Now you are probably thinking that it doesn't look that bad right? 
Well my vision of this was to stick it onto a candy jar so that when you reached in to get candy you had to stick your hand into this monster's mouth. 
I placed this on top of the jar and cringed. 
It was UGLY... BUT wait!!! 
You know what this kinda reminds me of? 
Those bad guys in Super Mario Brothers you have to jump over!!! 
 SO maybe this is a craft win??? 
Like Charlie Sheen, 'DUUUUHHHH WINNING!!!!'


7 comments:

thais said...

That turned out really cute! It's a win for sure!

Christy said...

I think you should put the eyes ALL over it....maybe that would make it more "scary". ;)

Dorian said...

Okay, no. This is NOT a craft fail...my son would LOVE THIS! Add a couple of paper polka dots on the fur (I'm seeing purple and green), some SCARY teeth (out of paper of course!) and maybe some cute horns...and OMG, cute! I really like this. It would be a fun activity for the kiddies. Like if they throw stuff in. OMG...so many IDEAS will be doing this soon :)

Unknown said...

LOL! I agree... it is so cute! Coming to you from Hoo Are You! Thanks for visiting me too!

April said...

LOL! so funny... i also don't think this was a craft fail. love the previous commenter's idea of putting horn and teeth on it. did you end up keeping it?

Mandi@MandiBeingCrafty said...

I do still have it. I just have it displayed and just letting it be. He has grown on me! :)

Jacque said...

Mandi,

If that was mine, I'd add a cute ribbon on top and let it hang on my front door for Halloween! So adorable!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...