Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Things I know for certain

When I wake up every morning I know at least three of these things will happen with the utmost certainty.

Someone will cry... For Connor it will be at least three times.
Someone will instigate the crying... Most likely culprit is his older brother Aidan.
 If I mop the floor while Rowan is awake, he will walk on it.  Bless his little heart but for some reason he thinks it is the most awesome thing to take chairs out of a room.
 Someone will make a mess, that I will have to clean up.  (this happens at least four or five times a day)


I will change a MINIMUM of three poopy diapers...
I will make lunch and someone will not like what I cooked and refuse to eat.
If the kids have a bath I will be soaked by the end of it.
I will always have laundry to do.

At some point in the day I will want to pull my hair out.
 Yes these things I am confident will happen everyday.

Here is a list of things I did not expect.

We ran out of baby wipes.
Rowan making himself puke not once BUT TWICE!
Finding random toys in a laundry hamper.
Connor screaming while giving him a bath.


It is not all bad though.
Here is a GOOD list of things that will happen during the day.

Connor will stop crying and give hugs and kisses followed with an 'I love you'
If I don't feel like cooking my husband will do it for me.
He will also do the dishes.
At some point in the day my kids will get along.
I will hear laughter of my sweet little boys.
They will go to sleep.
And then I am reminded of why I do it.  Why I choose to be a stay at home mom. 
It is for them.

Then at the end of the night he will rub my feet.  I love him, the kids, and the wonderful life we have together.

1 comment:

Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog said...

this post is so funny I am going to have to do one of these too! thanks for being so fab!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...