Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blast from the Past

I did a guest post for Oops I Craft My Pants a few days ago.
I thought I would share with my readers in case you missed it.
I made this guy last year.
But he was so cute I decided to give him another shout out!
And I will tell you how I made him.
Here is my how to:
Supplies needed:
Fun Fur (you can buy it at walmart)
Floral Styrofoam form.  
Wooden Dowel
Pipe Cleaners
Spider webs
Bucket
Start by wrapping the fun fur all over the Styrofoam. 
Take the pipe cleaners and cut them in half.  
Stick them into the body of the spider.
You can add a dab of hot glue to make it stick better.
 At this point you can add eyeballs to your spider.
Now onto the bucket to place your spider in.
Paint your wooden dowel to whatever color you choose.
I chose orange cause the spider was already black and I wanted to contrast.
Put a little more Styrofoam in the bottom on the bucket and place spider webs on top.
Then all you have to do is stick the wooden dowel into the spider and place in bucket.
It was REALLY easy and took about a half hour to make!






3 comments:

LIZALOU said...

Hey Mandi! I'm Eliza from lizalouloves.blogspot.com. Thanks for leaving visiting and leaving a comment. This is just such cute idea! My son has been asking for a spider decoration ever since he found out it was Halloween. Now I can actually make him one. Thanks fro the awesome tutorial!

Linds said...

This is a terribly cute craft! I love your blog. I wanted to let you know I featured you today :)

Unknown said...

Very cute! Thanks for linking up! I am showing this off on my blog Saturday evening!

I can't wait to see what you've created this week!!

Ashley
www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...