Thursday, January 19, 2012

Strange Things Be Happenin'

 Have you ever been to a blogging conference?
Do you know what one is?
I have never been to one.  
And let me tell you how much I would love to go to Snap's three day of awesomeness conference.
SNAP the Conference is a craft and DIY social media conference.  
Which is right up my alley since that is mainly what I love to do!
The best part is, it is close to home at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah!  
Only 45 short minutes away.
I have been mulling over forking out the money to go.  
However we are buying our first home soon.  
SO every extra dollar bill is being saved for that!
Then weird things started happening!
First it started with getting my breakfast this morning!
 Inside my oatmeal box (YES I eat oatmeal, it isn't just for old ladies!!!)
 I found this note....
 Yes, I would love to go to this conference.
Three full days, of girl time?!?!
Ya who wouldn't want to do this!!!
I sighed and went along my day.
Then looking over the local ads today.
This somehow magically appeared in the middle.
 Feeling a little freaked out now.  
That a random piece of paper is following me.
I decided to go to the store.
 Getting into my car... there it was...
right above the steering wheel.
 Alright this was getting creepy!
Yes I want to go to the conference and hear all the amazing speakers,
Like Mandi for Vintage Revivals,
Ashley from Lil Blue Boo,
Cindy from Skip to my Lou 
and SOOO many more!!!
Oh and in case you were curious where my speedometer and such were at...
Didn't you know I drive a space ship around?!?!?
Check out my van's 'Control Panel'
Ya that is how I roll.
In my mommy mobile space ship!
What what!!!!
Anyway back to my totally realistic and not made up story...
I had to sit down and explain to the random piece of paper.
That while I would trade my kids LOVE to go to SNAP.
It just wasn't in the cards this year.
I drew it a picture...
I think I missed my TRUE calling of being an artist!
I mean really that pictures just SCREAMS pay me millions to make you artwork right???
Now I am not saying you have to be a Donald Trump employee to be able to afford to go to SNAP.
I always joke that we don't make much money compared to Donald Trump employees.

I am in luck though!
SNAP the Conference is doing a giveaway for a free ticket!!
Please vote for me!!  I am link number 14! Click here!!

*Disclaimer alert!  This post was made in good fun.  I do not believe a piece of paper is following me around. True facts in this post are: I would LOVE to go to the conference, I am terrible at drawing, oh and I TOTALLY drive a space ship!*

5 comments:

Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog said...

you better win tickets after this post.. loved it!

Abbey D. said...

Mandy---love this post :) I'm going to SNAP too. I hope we can meet there! Coming from Ohio...can't wait.

Unknown said...

haha cute post! i entered too, good luck!

Anonymous said...

This was super cute. Good luck. I'm a new follower.

Jane said...

Casting a vote your way Mandi. I hope you win!!! I am off to check this SNAP convention out.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...