Sunday, February 20, 2011

Insecure

I have a secret, and it really is not that unusual.  Here it is... I have never taken my kids swimming.  I feel horrible about this, but it has nothing to do with not liking it.  I love playing in the water (even though I am terrified of drowning).  It is because I am too insecure about putting on a swim suit.  Having my wonderful little babies has done just horrid things to my body.  Where I once had stubby but smooth legs have now turned into fat stretch marked thighs and calfs.  My stomach... let's just say it is not pretty.  I am lucky though the wives of my husband's unit are having a support/competition to see how much weight we can lose.  So I am signing up and by the end of this 10 week period I am going to take my babies swimming at the local aquatic center. 

My goal is to lose 20 pounds (at least)
I am going to give up my beloved diet Pepsi (I am such a rebel with my diet Pepsi instead of coke in Utah)
I am going to exercise something I have never liked to do.  (I failed gym in school all you had to do was show up... really???  cannot believe I failed)

Wish me luck! 

1 comment:

Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog said...

how are you doing so far..I host a "fat Friday" linky party where we link up to our weight loss..you should join!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...